Reservations & Walk-ins
We limit the number of visitors in the cat lounge to 16 people at a time, to maintain a healthy cat-to-human ratio, so as not to overwhelm our cats. 10 of these spots are reservable online, and bookings are available up to 4 weeks in advance. Catfe visits are for one hour. Admission is $5 per person with any cafe purchase (or $8 with no purchase). See below to book your visit.
If there are no appointments available for the day you wish to visit, please note that we also release a limited number of walk-in spots on the day of. On weekends and holidays these are available in person only, on a first-come first-served basis. On weekdays (except holidays), these may be reserved by phone on the day of as well — or more information please give us a call at 778-379-0060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cat lounge visits are not recommended for children under 4.
- When planning a time to visit, keep in mind: the cats are generally most active and playful in the mornings (11 to 1). Afternoons (2 to 4) are often sleepy times, and evenings vary. Because cats are adopted each week, we have a fluctuating number of cats with varying temperaments on any given day. You can always call ahead to get an idea of what to expect!
- If you are traveling far, we suggest making a reservation or calling ahead to ensure we can accommodate you when you arrive!
- Please check in at the cafe on arrival. We recommend arriving 5 to 10 minutes early to give us time to check you in. We can not hold reservations — if you are more than ten minutes late and you have not called to let us know, your spot may be given to a walk-in customer.
- We are closed on Thursday afternoons to facilitate adoptions and welcome new cats from the BC SPCA. (We open Thursday evenings with limited capacity for ADULTS ONLY quiet time with the new arrivals!)
Follow these steps to make a reservation
Step 1: Enter the number of people in your party under 'Enter number of people' at the top right of the calendar below.
Step 2: Select the date you wish to visit, and time from the drop-down menu, then click 'Continue'.
NOTE: If the date is greyed out or the time is crossed out, we have reached a maximum number of reservations for that date and time. (There will still be walk-in space available that day, which is first-come-first-served).
Step 3: Fill in form with your name, phone number and email, and click 'Complete Appointment'.
You will receive a confirmation email. If you don't receive one, please check your junkmail folder, email email@example.com or call 778-379-0060 to confirm.
SORRY, YOU CAN NOT BRING YOUR CAT! To protect the health and well-being of our resident felines, no outside animals are allowed in Catfe.
When entering or leaving the cat lounge, DO NOT LET CATS ESCAPE. If a cat somehow gets into the lobby, do not open door to mall under any circumstances. Signal to a staff member for help if needed.
WASH YOUR HANDS upon arrival and before leaving.
EXERCISE CAUTION AT ALL TIMES in the cat lounge — cats may and will behave unpredictably. If you have questions about interacting with a cat or interpreting its body language, please ask a staff member for guidance.
DO NOT PICK UP THE CATS. This will keep you safer, and reduce stress for the cats.
You are welcome to dip into our toy box to play with the cats, but to avoid scratches, try to AVOID USING YOUR HAND DIRECTLY during play — when a cat's hunting instincts are triggered, it can easily result in swiping or biting.
DO NOT RUB A CAT'S BELLY. Dogs might enjoy belly rubs, but this will almost certainly send a cat into attack mode on the perpetrator.
DO NOT FEED THE CATS. (But you can ask a staff member for treats to share with them!)
DO NOT WAKE A SLEEPING CAT. No one wants to be woken up from a peaceful nap, especially not several times in a day by numerous strangers.
BE GENTLE AND RESPECTFUL. Do not mistreat cats by pulling tail, whiskers or fur.
NO RUNNING OR CHASING AFTER CATS. You can gain their trust and spark their curiosity by letting the cats come to you.
You are welcome to take as many photos as you like but NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY allowed.
NEVER LEAVE A CHILD UNSUPERVISED. Children 10 and under must be supervised by an accompanying adult at all times. This is for the safety of the children as well as the cats. It is the adult's responsibility to ensure their child understands and follows the rules. Let this visit be a learning experience in how to respect and care for animals.